When all you have is data, how do you craft a story that will help your audience understand, engage and adopt your ideas?
Watch the video of this weekly workshop recorded on April 9, 2010, and you’ll see how we created stories from data-intensive information for three presentation topics:
– Recommending to kill a project after market research showed it wouldn’t fly
– Teaching project managers new techniques
– Showing investors how to avoid making bad interpretations of financial data
The learning points we covered on these three data-driven topics included:
– Why data does not exist in a vacuum and has to impact people who make decisions based on emotion, organizational politics and power dynamics
– How stories can make the emotional impact that you then back up with your data
– How to establish a simple framework that holds together complex information
>>>To launch the recording of this workshop, click this link.